Welcome to the BC Farm Industry Review Board (BCFIRB) website.
BCFIRB is an independent administrative tribunal responsible for:
- general supervision of agricultural commodity boards;
- being a signatory to formal federal-provincial cooperation agreements in regulated marketing;
- hearing appeals of agricultural commodity board decisions;
- hearing appeals of Minister of Agriculture decisions to refuse, suspend, revoke or not renew agricultural produce grading licenses;
- hearing appeals related to BCSPCA animal custody decisions;
- hearing farm practices complaints from persons disturbed by odour, noise, dust or other disturbances arising from agriculture or certain aquaculture operations; and,
- conducting farm practices studies;
Would you like to receive email updates?
If you would like to receive regular updates on BCFIRB decisions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to our distribution list.
- Droogendyk Hothouse v BC Vegetable Marketing Commission - November 14, 2013
- Parkinson v BCSPCA - November 7, 2013
- Bickerdike v BCSPCA - October 10, 2013
- A.B. v BCSPCA (#13-03) - August 9, 2013
- Golder v BCSPCA - June 13, 2013
- Reasons: Whitta v BCCMB - June 14, 2013
- Whitta v BCCMB - June 7, 2013
- Naturally Homegrown Foods Ltd v VMC - (Summary Dismissal) - May 24, 2013
- Fischer v Sidhu - (Propane Cannon) - May 24, 2013
- Hinch vs BCSPCA - Consent Dismissal Order - May 10, 2013
- Central Vancouver Island Agency Designation Review Decision - January 7, 2013