Welcome to the BC Farm Industry Review Board (BCFIRB) website.
BCFIRB is an independent administrative tribunal responsible for:
- general supervision of agricultural commodity boards;
- being a signatory to formal federal-provincial cooperation agreements in regulated marketing;
- hearing appeals of agricultural commodity board decisions;
- hearing appeals of Minister of Agriculture decisions to refuse, suspend, revoke or not renew agricultural produce grading licenses;
- hearing appeals related to BCSPCA animal custody decisions;
- hearing farm practices complaints from persons disturbed by odour, noise, dust or other disturbances arising from agriculture or certain aquaculture operations; and,
- conducting farm practices studies;
Would you like to receive email updates?
If you would like to receive regular updates on BCFIRB decisions, please send an email to email@example.com and we will add you to our distribution list.