Welcome to the BC Farm Industry Review Board (BCFIRB) website.
BCFIRB is an independent administrative tribunal responsible for:
- general supervision of agricultural commodity boards;
- being a signatory to formal federal-provincial cooperation agreements in regulated marketing;
- hearing appeals of agricultural commodity board decisions;
- hearing appeals of Minister of Agriculture decisions to refuse, suspend, revoke or not renew agricultural produce grading licenses;
- hearing appeals related to BCSPCA animal custody decisions;
- hearing farm practices complaints from persons disturbed by odour, noise, dust or other disturbances arising from agriculture or certain aquaculture operations; and,
- conducting farm practices studies;
- Decision: Hinch vs BCSPCA - Consent Dismissal Order - May 10, 2013
- Letter from BCFIRB to Farm Products Council of Canada and Chicken Farmers of Canada - Current National and Provincial Chicken Industry Issues - April 11, 2013
- Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act (PCAA) - Starting March 20, 2013 people can file an appeal with BCFIRB about specific decisions of the BCSPCA that are issued on or after that date.
- BCFIRB comments on City of Abbotsford Proposed Bylaw Regulating Propane Cannons - January 2013
- Decision: Central Vancouver Island Agency Designation Review Decision - January 7, 2013
- Accountability Framework Workshop Presentation - November 2012